- International Exhibition: Student Work
- Off-White Paper. On the Brno Biennial and Education
- Taking a Line for a Walk. An Exhibition About Assignments in Design Education
- From A to B to C
- Céline Condorelli (GB): Revisions
- The Study Room
- Brno Biennial 2012 Grand Prix Winners. Our Art: Mevis & Van Deursen
- Personalities in Czech Graphic Design. Rostislav Vaněk
- Lada Hubatová-Vacková (CZ)Lada Hubatová-Vacková (b. 1969), art historian, teacher, curator. Lectures on the subject of decorative art and design at the Academy of Arts, Architecture and Design in Prague, and is currently curator of the applied art collection of the Moravian Gallery in Brno. She has written and co-edited several books (Quiet Revolutions in Ornament, 1880–1930; The Zlín Department of Industrial Design. From Industrial Art to Design 1959–2011; Husák’s 3+1. Housing Culture of the 1970s; Things and Words. Applied Arts and Design in Czech Art Theory and Criticism, 1870–1970), as well as a number of specialist articles. Lada Hubatová-Vacková received the Gloria Musealis Exhibition of the Year 2012 prize and the Artist Has the Price of 2013 prize awarded by young artists under 35 for the exhibition Quiet Revolutions in Ornament. Experiments in Decorative Art, 1880–1930. The book of the same title was shortlisted for the F.X. Šalda Prize in 2013.
, Iva Knobloch (CZ)Iva Knobloch (1964). Curator of the Museum of Decorative Arts in Prague, Prints and Drawings dpt., focuses on graphic design and product design history, author and editor of several books: Ladislav Sutnar: Prague-New York (2003), Ladislav Sutnar in texts (2010), visiting teacher of graphic design history on Academy of Art, design and Architecture in Prague.
: From Ornamental Drawing to “Photo-typo” and Illuminated Advertisements
- Biennial Talks
- OFF Program
Catalogue concept: Johannes Breyer, Fabian Harb, Tomáš Celizna, Adam Macháček, Radim Peško
Texts: Johannes Breyer & Fabian Harb, Tomáš Celizna & Adam Macháček & Radim Peško, Céline Condorelli, Lorne Darnell, Nina Paim & Corinne Gisel, Rudy Guedj, Lada Hubatová-Vacková & Iva Knobloch, Elisabeth Klement & Pieter Verbeke, Moritz Küng & Armand Mevis & Linda van Deursen, Jan Press, Sulki & Min Choi, Marta Sylvestrová
Graphic design: Johannes Breyer (DE)Johannes Breyer (1987) is a German / Chilean graphic designer based in Berlin. Se habla Español. He studied in Zurich (CH) and worked for design studio NORM before graduating from the Gerrit Rietveld Academie in Amsterdam (NL). Together with Fabian Harb, he runs the Swiss type design practice Dinamo. They offer bespoke type service as well as retail typefaces, or design catalogues of rather large formats. He occasionally is invited to give lectures and workshops to students from a variety of rather small Art Universities.
, Fabian Harb (CH)Fabian Harb (1988) is a swiss graphic and typeface designer. After graduating from the Basel School of Design (CH) he works with Studio Laurenz Brunner as well as independently, slowly improving on his work-work balance. Together with Johannes Breyer he runs the type design practice Dinamo, offering custom tailored as well as retail typefaces. He has been lecturing at the Gutenberg Museum Mainz (DE), Basel School of Design (CH) and University of the Arts Coburg (DE).
in collaboration with Tomáš Celizna, Adam Macháček, Radim Peško
Printed by: Tiskárna Helbich a.s., Brno
Czech/English, 248 pages, 240 × 320 mm, soft-cover with plastic jacket
The Moravian Gallery in Brno, 2014
Where to buy
The catalogue is available to each participant of the International Exhibition at 30% discount.
Would you like to offer this publication in your bookshop? Please contact us.